< AddonsJump to navigation Jump to search
User Guide | Installation | Development | Categories | Git | Build Log
general/dirtrees - Directory tree utilities
- Provides verbs for copying and deleting directory trees.
- The dirutils addon must also be installed.
Browse source and examples in SVN.
copytree v Copies directory tree from directory y to directory x deltree v Deletes directory tree
Use JAL/Package Manager to install the dirtrees and dirutils addons.
Load dirtrees addon with the following line
To see the sampler of usage, run the test.ijs script.
- Open the script open 'general/dirtrees/test'
- Select all contents using Ctrl+A
- Run Selection using Ctrl+E
Here is typical session output from the test.ijs script.
- JForum:programming/2007-August/007622, Forum thread that prompted this.
- Chris Burke suggested in the thread above that another option for copying a directory tree is to zip and unzip it. This can be done using the zip tool shipped with J and the UnZip script, or using the arc/zip Addon and the arc/ziptrees Addon.
- The dirutils addon.