general/inifiles - INI file utilities
- Provides verbs to read from and write to INI files or strings in INI file format.
- Uses regex functionality built into J and is therefore usable on all platforms (not reliant on the Windows API).
- Provides similar functionality to that provided by Windows API PrivateProfile functions (e.g. GetPrivateProfileStringA) and more.
- Verbs can source the INI information from a file stored on disk, or a string that might have been read from a zip file or a database.
- Verbs support array arguments for retrieving, updating or writing multiple INI keys at once.
- An INI key can be returned as a string or interpreted as a numeric or boxed list.
Browse source and examples in SVN.
Use JAL/Package Manager.
Load inifiles addon with the following line
To see the sampler of usage, run the test script.
- Open the script open 'general/inifiles/test'
- Select all contents using Ctrl+A
- Run Selection using Ctrl+E
Here is typical session output from the test.ijs script.
IniFiles script - Cover verbs for Windows API functions dealing with INI files.