Guides/General FAQ/Add Answer
How to add a FAQ answer?
J Wiki has a number of FAQ pages as listed in Guides. A FAQ page is an incidentally ordered list of FAQ entries in separate subpages. FAQ entries do not display authorship, while editing history is preserved.
- Make sure that the question is of general recurrent interest, otherwise consider one of J Forums.
- Make sure that the scope is small enough, otherwise consider an essay or a guide, etc.
- See if such question is already addressed.
- See if there is a similar entry that can be extended instead.
- Select an appropriate FAQ in Guides
- Browse a few entries to get the feel of style conventions
- Use the Add Entry with a short name for the page in the format: Do Something
- In the editor study the format of the template
- Fill in the question heading in the format: How to do something?
- Fill in the rest of the template following the suggested format
Contributed by Oleg Kobchenko