Contributing to the J Wiki
How do I join the J Wiki?
To do so, please email the wiki group with your login name (First Last) and email address.After creating an account, log in to be able to edit the wiki.
What is expected of me as a contributor?
pages are protected.A page is protected when the usual Edit tab reads View source.
How can I test my code?
Preview is your friend.
Welcome to the J Wiki Sandbox.
Link to View J Wiki Sandbox
Link to Edit J Wiki Sandbox
Return to top
How do I create a page?
Open up a non-existent page.
Can I use other pages as a template?
Creating content on User pages.
How do I control the table of contents on the page?
__NOTOC__in the page script and no Table of Contents will appear on the page.
__TOC__in the page script at the position you would like it to display and if there are at least four entries in the Table of Contents it will appear.
__FORCETOC__in the page script and it will appear on the page at the default position. To move the Table of Contents to a different position, place
__TOC__in the page script at that position.
How do I link to other information?
[[Page # Anchor | Label]]
- Page - Designates the target page of the link. If it is missing, the target is the current page.
- Anchor - Designates position within the target. If it is missing, the position is top of the page.
- Label - The link text displayed on the wiki page. If it is missing, the link itself is displayed.
[ ... ]Single brackets enclose external links.
[[ ... ]]Double brackets enclose links to pages within the wiki
#Precedes the anchor description. If it is missing, there is no anchor.
|Precedes the link label. For external links a space is used instead of
Linking to sections within a page.
Complete Discussion of Linking in the Section Above(by the way this is an example of linking to a section!)
[[# Anchor | Label]]
[[#Heading Text | Label]]
[[#Anchor Text | Label]]
This span html would need to appear on the page as the target for the link.
<span id="Anchor Text"> ...content optional... </span>
[[#top | Label]]
For more info about links
Return to top
Linking to other pages in the wiki.
Linking to other pages outside the wiki.
How do I include media in the wiki?
Linking internal media.
Linking external media.
How are tables used in the wiki?
Why should I use a table?
How do I use a table?
What about fonts and special characters?
Characters that emphasize.
Subscripts and Superscripts
Before you edit, please read the Editing Guidelines. Beginners can start with the Editing Wiki introduction for creating and editing pages.
Please note that Jsoftware is not responsible for the contents of the wiki, and you should take reasonable precautions when running software from these pages. See also the policy on attachments.
- editing overview
- syntax wiki markup
- latex markup
- templates in this wiki
- style guide for this wiki
- sandbox for experimenting with wiki markup
- search engine used in this wiki
- offline access
The "wiki" category is used for pages involving the maintenance and development of the J wiki.
- Category:WikiProgress for lightweight pages which might belong here.
- Category:Update and Category:FixMe for pages where we would specifically like to focus our upgrade efforts.
- Category:Delete for pages which someone has, for whatever reason, deemed to be irrelevant to the site (perhaps because the information is better handled in some other context, in which case replacing the page with a redirect might be the right answer).
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
- ► Delete (1 P)
- ► FixMe (empty)
- ► Update (3 P, 1 F)
- ► WikiProgress (21 P)
Pages in category "Contributing to the J Wiki"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.