< NYCJUGJump to navigation Jump to search
Good and bad tutorial examples, backgammon in J, mutex implementation, mutual exclusion using file-locking, algorithm publication, argument for executable algorithmic notation, Tabula for scientific calculations in various units, threads in J, Easter date calculation, parallel programming
Agenda for NYCJUG 20100713
- File:Backgammon tools in J.pdf - from Vector.
- File:MutexInJUsingFileLocking.pdf This project can be found here.
- File:NotationForAnAlgorithm.pdf - with attention to the peculiar "conventional" notation for showing replication by using a superscript.
- File:Tabula-BeyondScientificCalculator.pdf - with an example about how to figure the energy requirements for launching an elephant into orbit. See the source for this.
- File:JThreads.pdf - see the source page here.
- File:Ten divisions to Easter by Ray Polivka.pdf - from Vector.
- File:OSCONTalks-Plumbing-Parallel Programming for Artists and Makers.pdf The conference this year in Portland, Oregon on July 19-22. This talk, titled "Another Go at Language Design" by Rob Pike, looks interesting.