User talk:Dan Bron/Snippets/PrettyPictures
- Errors represented with [\] -- Oleg Kobchenko <<DateTime(2008-12-16T03:12:11-0500)>>
- Consider adding glwh to standardize picture size for screenshots. -- Oleg Kobchenko <<DateTime(2006-12-13T01:37:50Z)>>
- As samples, pictures for smallest nice rectangular size of viewmat: 121, i.e. n=60 -- Oleg Kobchenko <<DateTime(2006-12-13T06:35:40Z)>>
- Here is more compact thumbnail layout:
1. filled in circle
2. hollow circle
3. Bullseye, delta-circumference = 1
4. Bullseye, delta-circumference = m
m ([ * [: <. 0.5 + %~) ]
-- Oleg Kobchenko <<DateTime(2006-12-13T06:50:08Z)>>
Oleg provided a mechanism to save viewmat images to PNG files, so I feel that the following should generate all the image files for this table. However, it does not; I just get a bunch of empty white images.
Debugging indicates that it is probably a repaint/selected window issue. I do not know how to fix it.
load 'viewmat media/platimg debug' coinsert 'jgl2' PP =: 1 : 'viewmat@:(u [: | j./~@:i:)' glqall =: (|. $ [:glqpixels 0 0&,)@glqwh glwh =: 3 : 'wd''pmovex '',(+0 0,y-glqwh_jgl2_@$@#)&.".wd''qformx''' ppp =: dyad define NB. Pretty picture print wdreset'' ". '(',y,') PP 60' NB. jvm_g_paint_jviewmat_ :: 0: '' glwh 4 3*30 NB. jvm_g_paint_jviewmat_ :: 0: '' 6!:3]0.5 (glqall'') writeimg jpath '~temp\pp\',x,'.png' 6!:3]0.5 wdreset'' ) A =: '>' ; '= <.' ; '<.@:]' NB. Etc B =: 'filled_in_circle' ; 'hollow_circle' ; 'bullseye' NB. Etc B ppp&.> A
-- Dan Bron <<DateTime(2007-03-16T15:42:32Z)>>
Well this steps into the uncharted treacherous territory of sync programmatic execution and async GUI. So I guess to do it like that, the use of timer might help. But that's an overkill.
I recommend using something that is proven and supported like the animate addon. You can designate each picture as a step in the animation. And all will be saved nicely in a series of files. I guess you could take it further by making code that will convert your boxed list of picture verbs into a script for animate automatically. Or have just one new animate script that will accept a list of picture verbs in some form and derive number of steps, etc. Maybe an Options dialog.
-- Oleg Kobchenko <<DateTime(2007-03-16T16:35:59Z)>>