From J Wiki
J803 release of 9 Dec 2014
Changes to the base system:
- J engine updated to J803 with bug fixes
- support read/write jpeg and png formats
- project decommenter leaves in any comments beginning NB.!
Changes to the Qt IDE (other than Window Driver):
- the Qt IDE version is 1.3.1
- add Debug GUI
- add isigrid control
- add user-defined shortcut keys, see menu Edit|Configure|User Keys
- add menu File|Open addons to Term menu
- change KeepInputLog to MaxInputLog in the Edit|Configure|Qt Ide configuration, to allow the saved log length to be set
- change menu "Studio|wd Demos..." to "Studio|Showcase..."
- some Qt commands can now be called from Jconsole, by loading ~addons/ide/qt/qt.ijs
- user-defined keys that run a J expression first define !WinText_jqtide_ and !WinSelect_jqtide_ for the active window. This allows the J expression access to the current text and selection.
- menu file|quit in edit closes only the editor, not the J session
- run all now uses loadd (load with display)
- fixed - disable role-based merging of wd menus on mac
Changes to the Qt IDE Window Driver:
- add "bin m" command, see Window Driver layout
- add gl commands glfontextent, glqpixelm. glfontextent must now be used before calls to glqextent (previously glfont was used).
- add penstyle to glpen, which makes it available for outlines of glrect objects. Note that the numeric codes for penstyle (PS_xxx) have changed; use the codes in file graphics/gl2. Note especially that penstyle 0, formerly the solid line PS_SOLID, has changed to the invisible line PS_NULL.
- add set tooltip for windows controls
- add SOH delimiter for wd parms, and change LF delimiter, see Command Syntax
- add several sm commands. See ~addons/ide/qt/demo/sm.ijs for examples.
- add "selectable" parameter to editm readonly control. This shows the cursor and selections.
- fix glcmds error handling