Jd 4.1 is incompatible with databases created under previous versions. Jd4 code will not open a Jd3 database and vice versa.
To continue working with databases created with Jd 3.3 (and earlier) you must:
- rename ~addons/data/jd to ~addons/data/jd3
And then, when you want to work with a Jd3 database:
When Jd 4.1 is released, an update will overwrite addons/data/jd with the Jd4 codebase. After that point, update can't give you a jd3 folder. You can create it by downloading the appropriate file from jd3 zips and unpacking in a temp folder, renaming jd to jd3 and then moving it to your addons folder.
See Release for change details.
The Jd 4.1 release has conversion tools to migrate a Jd3 database to a Jd4. The conversion is done in place and only works in the one direction.
start J load 'jd' jd 'list version' NB. verify 4.1 load '~addons/data/jd/tools/convert.ijs' dryrun '~temp/jd/test' NB. dry run this db and report details dryrun '~temp/jd' NB. dry run all jd3 dbs in folder DO NOT conrun UNTIL dryrun IS CLEAN! BACKUP! conrun '~temp/jd/test' NB. convert this db in place and report details conrun '~temp/jd' NB. convert all jd3 dbs in folder
- jdactive col dropped and deleted rows compressed out
- jd... cols (ref/reference/hash/...) dropped
- cols with type time or enum dropped
- jd'ref ...' done for jdref and jdreference cols
- dryrun failure leaves db untouched
- conrun failure probably leaves db damaged - neither jd3 nor jd4 compatible